[j-nsp] Frame loss during Ethernet test

Gökhan Gümüş ggumus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 05:03:22 EST 2012

Dear all,

One of our customer complaining a small amount of frame loss on their
service.
I see that lost packets when i compare input and output statistics on the
interface.
We are terminating service with ccc configuration.
At remote end, we have a hardware loop and customer connects its tester to
A-end sends traffic.
When we run the test for 2-3 mins, we have no frame loss but at longer test
we start to see 10-20 frame loss.
Frames are lost when our PE puts sent test traffic into corrresponding LSP
but there is no issue in our LSP.

I do not know the exact principle of these testers but i checked all the
possible reasons which may cause frame loss
Delay, errors on the line, oversubscription, etc...None of them is an issue
during test.

Is there anybody who has such an experience with Ethernet testers?

Thanks and regards,
Gokhan