[j-nsp] NSM API resources with SRX

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Tue Jan 24 07:03:02 EST 2012

> Have a question about SPACE, Is it better to manage SRXes with space? Have
> not tried space yet.

Last time we checked (May-June 2011) it was very very very raw. Too many
bugs, too much of nonworking features etc.

E. g. IPSec point-and-click configuration (which was the main goal of the
project) just didn't work at all because the browser code was broken, some
buttons which you needed to press, were randomly disabled.The idea of
preprovisioned config, which can be stored on a usb flash together with a
desired software image and plugged into an out-of-box remote SRX is also
very cute, but it didn't work.

Most of things we tested were related to Security and Campus designer
modules (or however it's called, I forgot).

And, of course. Don't even try to run in on a VM with less than 8 Gigs of
RAM. No joke, this is a minimum requirement even if you only want to test
it with two devices in a lab. Otherwise be ready to wait until it swaps
everything. Java rules.

But, I must say, the overall idea and many things looked cute. If they ever
make it work, it'll become a lovely product :)