[j-nsp] Junos 10.4R8 on MX (PR 701928)

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Tue Jan 24 16:18:33 EST 2012

* Daniel Verlouw <daniel at shunoshu.net> [2012-01-24 10:13]:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 08:25, Daniel Roesen <dr at cluenet.de> wrote:
> > Daniel (waiting for over a year now for a 10.4 without major bugs...)
>
> same here...
>
> Am I the only one who finds it extremely annoying and disturbing that
> critical bugs get *introduced* this far down into an E-EOL train!?
> And where's the technical bulletin that alerts all of us?
> "Interesting" that j-nsp is a better source of information than
> JTAC...

Hi,

we're told that beginning with 11.4 the release process was changed to
better prevent these things. At the moment we're testing 11.2 because
we need MC-LAG and other features which are more mature in 11.2 as
they are in 10.4. That will force us to change to 11.4 in the near
future as 11.2 support will end in August.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant