[j-nsp] QinQ between Cisco/Juniper with layer2-tunneling and VPLS

Payam Chychi pchychi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:34:31 EST 2012

On 12-01-24 03:14 PM, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> * Chris Kawchuk<juniperdude at gmail.com>  [2012-01-25 00:10]:
>> Heh, then it's a different problem altogether. =)
>>
>> In your VPLS config, do you have any "vlan-id" settings set in the
>> routing-instance? It's a long shot, else I have no idea why she
>> ain't passing traffic...
> I have "vlan-id all" set in the instance and use outer-tag/inner-tag
> configuration on the interface unit. It's passing traffic just not the
> tunnel'd stuff.
>
> Regards
>
> Sebastian

hey Sebastian,
when doing a cisco to juniper youll have to (i could be wrong here... )
manually add pop/push for input/output vlan maps on the juniper side
under the unit

example:
input-vlan-map pop;
output-vlan-map push;

also on the cisco side make sure you are ignoring encapsulation mismatch
and mtu mismatch

example:
ignore-encapsulation-mismatch;
ignore-mtu-mismatch;