[j-nsp] Network-control queue counter increases on ccc-configured interface

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Thu Jan 26 10:52:11 EST 2012

Well NC (network control) is a completely different queue than EF
(expedited forwarding).  This could be normal.  Several things such as
routing protocol updates are set to NC by default because it is
network control traffic or part of the network control plane.  Such
traffic should be prioritized during congestion to keep the paths
stable.  I wouldn't use the NC queue for other traffic if you can
avoid it and I wouldn't make this traffic best effort without figuring
out what it is.  Is it possible that it's just a control protocol?  I
know most routing protocols mark their hello's as NC. Spanning tree
BPDU's might do the same but I can't remember off the top of my head.