[j-nsp] Network-control queue counter increases on ccc-configured interfaceL

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jan 26 12:34:08 EST 2012

On (2012-01-26 18:24 +0100), Gökhan Gümüş wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.
> I do not have any CoS configuration on my router.
> There is no Spanning-Tree is running between my device and customer device.
> I have no idea what is causing an increment in the network-control queue.

This is default jnpr config and as such normal. On ingress IP Precedence
values 0b110 and 0b111 are classified such that when egressing this
interface, they'll get their own magic 5% of privileged capacity. And
indeed it's named by default NC (thanks Keegan, not EF).

> Any ideas would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be to device QoS strategy that supports your business.
But if congestion in your network is never expected, and you want CSCO-like
behaviour then you should change default classifier in interfaces so that
all code-points would point to BE, then all traffic would get queued with
equal priority on egress.

(But I still like even big SPs using JNPR default, I can always get my own
5% in those networks when they're congested:)

--
  ++ytti