[j-nsp] Internet routes in MPLS network, global table or own VRF?

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Thu Jan 26 16:01:26 EST 2012

2012/1/26 Pavel Lunin <plunin at senetsy.ru>:

>> why would FRR LSP's take a route different than what the IGP would
>> converge to.
>

> Because FRR uses a path from a different entry (PLP) to probably a different
> exit (say, next-next-hop). When normal LSP (either SPF or CSPF calculated)
> is a path from head-end to tail-end. Whether this happens often or rare, the
> need to care how your detours are calculated is itself a big enough
> headache.

That's not how FRR works at least for RSVP.  It pretty much just
re-runs cspf with something removed.  So it's the same route your IGP
would choose if said "thing" went dark.  I don't have many obscure
paths where I wouldn't want traffic to go so I can't really comment on
your earlier idea.  That being said I've never seen FRR choose a path
worse than the path the IGP would choose.  It's just preselects that
path and pre-signals it.  I'm sure there are failure scenarios though.