[j-nsp] Network-control queue counter increases on ccc-configured interface

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Jan 27 02:36:48 EST 2012

On Friday, January 27, 2012 03:17:03 PM Saku Ytti wrote:

> In JunOS you can classify packets based on incoming
> 802.1p without recolouring anything and then in egress
> match magically on the internally defined class.

Well, that is assuming the link toward your customer is
Ethernet, 802.1Q, e.t.c., which may not be the case.

> In IOS in devices you'd want to use today in edge, you
> can use 'qos-group' as temporary internal storage.
> So in neither case, you need to trust or mangle TOS.

Not all platforms in Cisco's arsenal support this feature.
So it's not always reliable when new kit is coming out. We
had to ask Cisco to re-spin certain ASIC's on new kit while
they were still in the development stage (we were in their
EFT program) in order to add functions such as these.

> 7600/6500 is complex (in this matter too), however you
> can usually get even here what you want, due to internal
> DSCP.

The EARL7 (SUP720/RSP720) doesn't support 'qos-groups'. This
was added in the EARL8.

Mark.