[j-nsp] Network-control queue counter increases on ccc-configured interface

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Jan 27 03:26:58 EST 2012

On Friday, January 27, 2012 04:17:24 PM Mark Tinka wrote:

> Which is why we've never ran of them in our network :-).

Actually, to be perfectly honest, the lack of QPPB support
on the SUP720 and RSP720 was the main reason we dropped
Cisco from our RFP that year (2008).

We could have lived with needing ES line cards for more
intelligent Ethernet and MPLS functionality, but lack of
QPPB was a deal breaker.

And the EARL8 was nowhere near the horizon back then (even
if it felt like it always was - as you know, the SUP2T only
started shipping, and lo and behold, it's not an "RSP2T",
hehe).

Mark.