[j-nsp] GRE packet fragmentation on j-series

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Mon Jan 30 18:58:39 EST 2012

Hi Lukasz,

J-Series only needs a license to download signature updates for IDP - in order to stop fragmentation, all you need to do is create a security policy that matches on GRE traffic "match application junos-gre" and then references the idp engine in the action "then permit application-services idp".

This will force the IDP engine to re-assemble the GRE fragments for inspection (but not actually inspect them).

Juniper had a really good document explaining this with examples for MPLSoGRE, but my google and KB-fu is failing.

Cheers,

Ben