[j-nsp] MX80 clksyncd CPU usage

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jul 11 04:30:40 EDT 2012

On (2012-03-03 21:23 -0600), Kevin Wormington wrote:

> loaded 10.4R9.2 and it goes back to 0% usage.  I know that process
> has something to do with Synchronous ethernet...has anyone else seen
> this?

Everyone sees this from 11.2. Juniper knows about it, but they think it
works as expected.

You can get rid of the process by disabling it in config, suggested to us
JTAC. Only problem it, after you reload the box, MICs won't come up.
Another JTAC from that, and they were blaming us for disabling the process,
which is forbidden and unsupported.

You can also get rid of the load by dumping memory of the process with
gcore, dunno why it works, I don't think it should, but it does, until of
course you restart the process.

Luckily PPC on JunOS is a speed monster and 5% here or there ain't no
thang, right?
--
  ++ytti