[j-nsp] Juniper MX5 with MK - VPLS

Giuliano Medalha giuliano at wztech.com.br
Tue Jul 17 12:01:18 EDT 2012

People,

We are trying to create some VPLS tunnel with MK equipments.

Documentation shows that with some cisco routes it works fine.

We need to finish the tunnel under a MX5 router and re-route the
encapsulate traffic from the MX5 router to give some internet L3 (inet.0
access).

For this we do the following configuration:

set chassis fpc 1 pic 0 tunnel-services bandwidth 1g

set interfaces ge-1/0/3 flexible-vlan-tagging
set interfaces ge-1/0/3 encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services
set interfaces ge-1/0/3 unit 512 encapsulation vlan-vpls
set interfaces ge-1/0/3 unit 512 vlan-id 512
set interfaces ge-1/0/3 unit 512 family vpls

set routing-instances vpls instance-type vpls
set routing-instances vpls interface ge-1/0/3.512
set routing-instances vpls protocols vpls tunnel-services devices vt-1/0/10
set routing-instances vpls protocols vpls vpls-id 100
set routing-instances vpls protocols vpls mtu 1500
set routing-instances vpls protocols vpls ignore-mtu-mismatch
set routing-instances vpls protocols vpls neighbor 192.168.100.2

set interfaces lo0 unit 0 family inet address 192.168.100.1/3
set interfaces vt-1/0/10 unit 0 family inet unnumbered-address lo0

But we cannot see any flow or ping between sides (end tunnel sides).

Does anyone has tried to close a VPLS connection between junos and MK
before ?

Any tip for how to configure it ?

Thanks a lot,

Giuliano