[j-nsp] question on Juniper MX80 (MIC-3D-8DS3-E3) with RAD.com MiRICi-E3/T3

Michel de Nostredame d.nostra at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 18:31:23 EDT 2012

Good day,

I am recently working on an replacement of aged M10i; we are using
M10i to terminate multiple 100mbps/1gbps Metro-Ethernet from branch
buildings (FEs are aggregated on EX4200 and Layer2 uplink to M10i by
GE), hence MX80 become reasonable replacement as it has higher port
density, cheaper; able to host FE and GE SFP at the same time.

We still have only one DS3 link on the old M10i that makes buying the
8-port DS3 card (MIC-3D-8DS3-E3) for MX80 not economical. I found
RAD.com has an optic seems a good solution for our situation.

This MiRICi-E3/T3 converts DS3 cable into GE SFP interface, and looks
like able to work with GE switch according to the information on
RAD.com web site.

Does anyone have experience on MiRICi-E3/T3 and can share information
of it? Also how is the interoperability between MiRICi-E3/T3 and MX80
(MIC-3D-20GE-SFP card)?

Thanks,
--
Michel~