[j-nsp] 6PE and BGP signaled lsps

Antti Ristimäki antti.ristimaki at csc.fi
Wed Jul 25 05:38:58 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-24 10:34, Tobias Heister wrote:
> Am 24.07.2012 07:21, schrieb Antti Ristimäki:
>> On 2012-07-23 16:22, Tobias Heister wrote:
>>> The document about scaling with labeled bgp [2] has a section about 6PE but it does not help much. First of all the method explained to get interface routes to inet6.3 does not work (at
>>> least on 10.4R9 but I figured out the correct way myself) and then when I try to follow the instructions and assign a ipv6 loopback manually and try to advertise it via family inet6
>>> labeled-unicast rib inet6.3 I get the following commit error: "BGP: ribgroup inet6.3 is not defined for this address family and nlri"
>>
>> Have you tried to configure a named rib-group where you specify inet6.3 as an import RIB?
>
> If I understood you correctly you want me to do something like this:
>
> show routing-options rib-groups 6PE
> import-rib inet6.3;
>
> show protocols bgp group XXX family inet6
> labeled-unicast {
>      rib-group 6PE;
>      explicit-null;
> }
>
> Unfortunately this gives a similar error: "BGP: ribgroup 6PE: inet6.3 not a valid primary rib for this nlri."

Defining "import-rib [inet6.0 inet6.3]" would probably pass the commit
check, but that wouldn't probably help in this issue, where the
BGP-learned inet.3 routes are not converted into inet6.3. I thought that
"ipv6-tunneling" knob would magically convert inet.3 routes into inet6.3
routes but as you said earlier, it seems to do so only for LDP/RSVP
learned routes...