[j-nsp] Juniper Networks fail to protect Linx from outage

Brent Jones brent at brentrjones.com
Tue Jun 5 01:43:34 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM, <ramesh.ngr at wipro.com> wrote:

> Wats the product? EX Series switches responsible and couldn't protect?
>
> I wonder what could be the loopback from internet which affected the LAN?
>
> Regards
> Ramesh N.G

More likely that someone didn't filter advertisements or re-distribution
correctly, rather than a software bug.
Only more details will tell, TFA was pretty lame.
Also a shame they already blame Juniper, when it sounds like they have
barely begun diagnosing what truly happened, not very classy at all
(especially if it turns out to be operator error).

--
Brent Jones
brent at brentrjones.com