[j-nsp] Juniper M7i :: 1x G/E, 1000 BASE / PIC version

Vladislav A. VASILEV vladislavavasilev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:48:43 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've got two old M7i's, both equipped with the 1x G/E, 1000 BASE FIC. There
is one difference though - the version (1.4 & 1.6).

xxx at xxx# run show chassis pic fpc-slot 1 pic-slot 3
FPC slot 1, PIC slot 3 information:
  Type                             1x G/E, 1000 BASE
  ASIC type                        QGE FPGA
  State                            Online
  PIC version                  1.6

xxx at xxx# run show chassis pic fpc-slot 1 pic-slot 3
FPC slot 1, PIC slot 3 information:
  Type                             1x G/E, 1000 BASE
  ASIC type                        QGE FPGA
  State                            Online
  PIC version                  1.4

I have non-Juniper SFPs which seem to work with 1.6 but not with 1.4. I am
trying to procure a Juniper SFP so I can test again but I was wondering if
any of you knew what the deference is between the two especially when it
comes to features. I've also seen version 1.9 and 1.10.

Thank you!

Regards,
Vladislav A. VASILEV