[j-nsp] GPL licensed software in juniper products

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Jun 7 19:03:03 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> Once upon a time, Thomas Eichhorn <te at te3networks.de> said:
>> has anybody here asked JNPR for the source code of the
>> GPL-licensed parts in their products? I currently just
>> wonder which all parts they have used and maybe if there
>> is some hidden web page containing that stuff.
>
> What do you think Juniper is distributing that contains GPL-licensed
> software (and what is that software)?

root at gate> show version
Hostname: gate
Model: srx100b
JUNOS Software Release [10.4R9.2]

root at gate> start shell
root at gate% grep --version
grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1-FreeBSD

Copyright 1988, 1992-1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Cascade Technology Alliance / MESD - Network Services
503-257-1562