[j-nsp] SRX hardware acceleration caveats

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sun Jun 17 07:10:01 EDT 2012

Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> writes:

> EZchip is very much not software, ES+ linecards and ASR9k routers use
> EZchip (albeit faster versions 3 and 4, SRX uses 2) for lookups also.
> This 'service-offload' does what box should have been doing all along, punt
> only first packet to RMI/Netlogic and use EZChip for subsequent packets.

Thank you very much for your information, it make it a bit clearer how
services offload actually works.

However, I am still wondering if all traffic is eligible for services
offload. Multicast traffic with fan-out > 1 is not, but that is not a
large concern for me. Is there any other traffic which cannot be
offloaded?

/Benny