[j-nsp] SRX hardware acceleration caveats

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 03:33:36 EDT 2012

On 06/19/2012 12:25 AM, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> Pavel Lunin <plunin at senetsy.ru> writes:
>
>> Em… isn't 10G+ possible on SRX HE without offloading?
>
> I don't know, that is part of what I am trying to find out :)

Well, you can certainly do 5Gbit/sec on the (much older) Netscreen 5400
hardware with M2 linecards - we have done so.

It's only a factor of two up, and they've had 6/7 years to get there.
I'm assuming the 5600/5800 can do 10Gbit/sec (of basic firewalling - no
deep inspection etc.) unless anyone has compelling evidence otherwise.