[j-nsp] More Multicast Routing Help needed please..

Spam spam-me at fioseurope.net
Fri Jun 22 10:37:51 EDT 2012

Hello All, I've been trying to get multicast routing between 2 vlans on my
SRX240 working
so the Apple Mac's on both vlans can see each other and use their respective
services.

I have read many articles but still haven't gotten it to work. I'm sure I'm
just missing 1-2
commands. I also do not want to do this via DNS tricks as that is a pain in
the ass to admin.
I'd like to set it up once in one location(device) and be done with it..

Here are the configs for the various interfaces/parts of Multicast routing.
Any idea how to get this working. I'm pulling whats left of my hair out here
:-)

Spammy

protocols {
    igmp {
        interface vlan.666 {
            version 3;
        }
        interface vlan.1002 {
            version 3;
        }
        interface fxp0.0 {
            disable;
        }
    }
    pim {
        rp {
            local {
                address 10.0.0.2;
            }
        }
        interface vlan.666 {
            mode dense;
        }
        interface vlan.1002 {
            mode dense;
        }
    }
}
=============
Outputs
=============
show pim interfaces
------------------------------------
Instance: PIM.master
Name               Stat Mode       IP V State NbrCnt JoinCnt(sg) JoinCnt(*g)
DR address
ppd0.32769         Up   Sparse      4 2 P2P        0           0
0
vlan.1002          Up   Dense       4 2 DR         0           1
0 172.26.102.1
vlan.666           Up   Dense       4 2 DR         0           8
0 10.0.0.1
.
show igmp interface
------------------------------------
Interface: vlan.666
    Querier: 10.0.0.1
    State:         Up Timeout:    None Version:  3 Groups:     12
    Immediate leave: Off
    Promiscuous mode: Off
    Passive: Off
Interface: vlan.1002
    Querier: 172.26.102.1
    State:         Up Timeout:    None Version:  3 Groups:      4
    Immediate leave: Off
    Promiscuous mode: Off
    Passive: Off
Configured Parameters:
IGMP Query Interval: 125.0
IGMP Query Response Interval: 10.0
IGMP Last Member Query Interval: 1.0
IGMP Robustness Count: 2
Derived Parameters:
IGMP Membership Timeout: 260.0
IGMP Other Querier Present Timeout: 255.0
show configuration interfaces vlan.666
description "Network: Old 10.x Network";
family inet {
    address 10.0.0.1/22;