[j-nsp] More Multicast Routing Help needed please..

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Fri Jun 22 11:39:29 EDT 2012

You'll want to make sure that your switches aren't quashing things as well. igmp snooping on various vendor hardware usually makes my head hurt.
I suggest allowing broadcast flood for multicast to prove that your multicast router is functioning properly and then locking down your igmp config going forward.

Also, a test case like streaming with VNC over multicast is a good way to prove that services are working. Other things often have a ttl of 1, making it difficult to assess.