[j-nsp] JUNOS/EX-series gripe - mirror/analyse before rewrite

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jun 28 06:04:48 EDT 2012

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 05:50:47 AM Dale Shaw wrote:

> (aka why oh why is DSCP rewrite done on egress?)

The list is full of comments from me and a few others as to
how broken this way of DSCP/IPP marking/remarking is with
Juniper.

As I've said before, this has now been fixed on the IQ2 and
IQ2E PIC's with the ToS Translation Tables feature, and also
on the MX 3D line cards with the firewall filters.

The only problem with the firewall filters on the MX is that
you can't set EXP values on ingress. Hopefully that will be
fixed soon. I've sent a request through our account team,
but then again I've been doing that for years, so...

The ToS Translation Tables is a much more elegant solution,
but its lack of support on non-IQ2/IQ2E line cards is
appalling. Juniper need to transfer this tech. to the MX
yesterday!

Mark.