[j-nsp] Help with vpn srx - asa

bizza bizzam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:55:57 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Asad Raza <asadgardezi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> I see that you are using a custom proposal in phase-1 but using compatible
> in phase-2, that could be the problem. You need to define exact proposal in
> phase-2 aswell. Could you confirm if proposal mismatch is in phase-1 (ike)
> or phase-2 (ipsec) ot be more specific?

I've just changed my configuration as follow:

security {
    ike {
        proposal ike-p1 {
            authentication-method pre-shared-keys;
            dh-group group2;
            authentication-algorithm sha1;
            encryption-algorithm aes-128-cbc;
            lifetime-seconds 86400;
        }
        policy ike_pol_lan2remote {
            mode main;
            proposals ike-p1;
            pre-shared-key ascii-text "blablabla"; ## SECRET-DATA
        }
        gateway gw_lan2remote {
            ike-policy ike_pol_lan2remote;
            address x.y.w.z;
            external-interface fe-0/0/7.0;
            version v1-only;
        }
    }
    ipsec {
        proposal ipsec-p2 {
            protocol esp;
            authentication-algorithm hmac-sha1-96;
            encryption-algorithm aes-128-cbc;
            lifetime-seconds 86400;
            lifetime-kilobytes 1048576;
        }
        policy ipsec_pol_lan2remote {
            proposals ipsec-p2;
        }
        vpn lan2remote {
            bind-interface st0.0;
            ike {
                gateway gw_lan2remote;
                ipsec-policy ipsec_pol_lan2remote;
            }
            establish-tunnels immediately;
        }
    }

And I'm waiting that in the other side people change the asa
configuration, that will be something lije this:

crypto isakmp policy 5
 authentication pre-share
 encryption aes
 hash sha
 group 2
 lifetime 86400

crypto ipsec transform-set ipsec-p2 esp-aes esp-sha-hmac
crypto ipsec security-association lifetime seconds 28800
crypto ipsec security-association lifetime kilobytes 1048576

crypto map foo 5 match address MYACL
crypto map foo 5 set pfs
crypto map foo 5 set peer x.y.w.z
crypto map foo 5 set transform-set ipsec-p2
crypto map foo interface outside

Do you think this will be enough?

Regards
Marco