[j-nsp] Help with vpn srx - asa

Per Westerlund p1 at westerlund.se
Mon Mar 5 07:47:33 EST 2012

The ASAs are usually quite picky about Propxy-ID, and since you haven't specified one, the SRX will use "any, any, any" (all 0). That kind of Proxy-ID (or lack of) usually works well when you are using a route-based setup. The ASA on the other hand (almost) always use policy based VPN, where you have to specify source and destination networks.

I don't think this is your problem yet, since the phase 1 handshake doesn't work.

I would say: remove the local-identity from the gateway  definition. This can mess things up. It is normally enough that the remote end can see your external interface source address.

/Per