[j-nsp] SRX240 - ready for prime time?

Tim Eberhard xmin0s at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 18:43:14 EST 2012

Having dealt with the SRX through some very trying times (from early
alpha boxes running on SSG) to current 11.x code I have to say the SRX
has come a long long way. The 9.x code train and even well into 10.x
saw some pretty big bugs with HA, VPN and other critical features.

I have you say 10.4 and the 11.x code train have been pretty stable in
whatever environment I've thrown them in. I tend to use the SRX's for
their core functions (e.g. NAT, security policies, VPN's, etc) and
stay away from IDP/UTM but from what i've seen they've been in good
shape.

I would encourage you to check out the 240. It's an amazing firewall
for the price. Stick to 10.4 or something in the 11.x code and you'll
be fine. I think you'll be shocked how stable and bug free it is after
hearing all the bad items on this list.

Good luck, hope this helps.
-Tim Eberhard