[j-nsp] Hidden IPv4 iBGP routes

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Tue Mar 13 16:15:09 EDT 2012

Yes this is correct and is indeed the default Junos behavior. If you wanted to receive a looped BGP update, you can define the amount of loops allowed (.i.e. number of times your own AS appears in the AS Path attribute) by configuring the 'set routing-options autonomous system <as-num> loops <num>' command.

HTHs.

Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ER, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks