[j-nsp] Stacking cable sizes

Wayne Tucker wayne at tuckerlabs.com
Thu Mar 15 15:05:44 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Keegan Holley
<keegan.holley at sungard.com> wrote:
> The juniper website doesn't seem to have exact lengths or part numbers for
> the "small", "medium" and "large" stacking cables described in the hardware
> guides.  Just wondering if anyone on the list knew the length of each
> cable.  I was also curious if the cable that comes with the switch is small
> or medium.

Others have provided the lengths and part numbers so I'll leave that out.

With each increase in length the cables get substantially thicker and
(at least in the case of >50cm - haven't ever priced that one) double
in price.

I don't know if the current docs cover this, but looping the included
cable between vcp-0 and vcp-1 on a standalone EX4200 gives you a
second path between PFEs (which can save you a hop across a PFE in
some cases).  That, plus it's a great place to store it in case you
might need it later.

:w