[j-nsp] Supported REs for M7i

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 13:49:06 EDT 2012

All,

We have a pair of M7i which in a previous life served as our border routers.

Since we moved to 10gig, they've served primarily as PIM RPs since they
have the tunnel services PIC.

We're taking the opportunity to re-architect our network, and I want to
use them as route-reflectors. They would not be forwarding traffic.

They currently have RE-400-256, which have been (ahem) "locally
upgraded" to 768Mb RAM and 1Gb flash.

I see the original RE-400-256 is now well past EoS, but can find no
mention of the RE-400-768.

I also note the RE-850 is now EoL.

I see mention on Juniper's website of a version of the RE-1800 for the
M7i, which doesn't seem to be available yet. Does anyone know the likely
price?

Should I be looking to go to RE-1800 when it appears? Does anyone know
the likely cost? Are there any compatibility issues e.g. you need
CFEB-super-duper or a particularly new version of the chassis?

Cheers,
Phil