[j-nsp] em0/em1 intreface

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Mar 16 16:56:28 EDT 2012

fxp vs. em is just FreeBSD nomenclature for the type of device driver
used by the kernel to drive the hardware device.  There is no other
semantic meaning tied to "fxp" vs. "em" than that.  Some hardware uses
the fxp driver, some uses the em driver.

>From FreeBSD manual pages:

     fxp -- Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B ethernet device driver
     em -- Intel(R) PRO/1000 gigabit Ethernet driver for the FreeBSD operating system