[j-nsp] Shaping per logical VLAN interface

Shiva S Shankar sshankar_ks at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 04:20:20 EDT 2012

I understand that "shaping-rate" refers to PIR and "guaranteed-rate" refers to CIR. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if your traffic is bursty in nature you may need to consider the burst-size in bytes what the telco is doing. Also, if you are using DPCs in MX you need to consider that they use the l3 frame data part (without L2 headers) for shaping. Whereas the latest MPC (trio chipset) uses whole L2 frame (including headers IFG etc). The latest being the actual traffic on the wire, would most probably used by Telco, if you are getting a sub-rate cct on a Gig link.

You probably need to use the following command:

set chassis fpc x pic x traffic-manager egress-shaping-overhead x

Cheers