[j-nsp] Destination NAT on SRX cluster

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Tue Mar 20 08:53:13 EDT 2012

Hello Folks,

I am configuring a cluster of SRX240s running 11.1R3.5 for destination NAT.

Simply, a device in the DMZ zone on a private IP address listening on port 22 needs to be reachable from the untrust zone on port 22.

    destination {
        pool wilderness {
            address 172.16.253.10/32 port 22;
        }
        rule-set incoming-connections {
            from interface reth0.352;
            rule port-forward {
                match {
                    destination-address 88.94.205.5/32;
                    destination-port 22;
                }
                then {
                    destination-nat pool wilderness;
                }
            }
        }
    }
    proxy-arp {
        interface reth0.352 {
            address {
                88.94.205.5/32;
            }
        }
    }

I think this looks OK, but when I commit I get this error:

error: The number of destination NAT pools exceeds limit of 0
[edit security nat destination rule-set incoming-connections rule port-forward then destination-nat]
  'pool'
     failed to get pool (wilderness)
error: configuration check-out failed

Does anybody know whats happening here?