[j-nsp] VPLS Frustrations (Juniper - Cisco)

Ben Boyd ben at sinatranetwork.com
Tue Mar 27 10:33:18 EDT 2012

The CE's can tag or not tag, they want freedom to do whatever they wish.

There is no BGP.  It's all LDP signaled.  That's why an L2VPN isn't possible and VPLS is our only way.

I'm trying to accomplish Q-in-Q or more exactly "possiblyQ-in-Q".

JTAC thinks this is a bug as the Juniper is sending STP traffic and tagging correctly, but it isn't decapsulating the STP traffic coming back.

Ben Boyd
ben at sinatranetwork.com
http://about.me/benboyd