[j-nsp] Juniper BRAS

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Thu Mar 29 19:03:32 EDT 2012

A timely discussion for sure:

MX80 - No LAC or LNS support [1] and none planned*
MX240, 480, 960 - LAC and LNS supported, MPCs only [1][2]
M120 (AS/AS2 & MS PICs) - LNS support only  [2]
M7i/10i (AS/AS2 & MS PICs) - LNS support only [2]

BRAS is one of those features that is actually getting better with each bleeding edge release (by better, I mean it starts to work) - after banging my head against the wall for a day trying to get static subscribers to go active with 11.2, I upgraded to 11.4R1 and everything just started working like magic.  I've just moved to 11.4R2 now and started testing again.

*Current feedback from our SE - would LOVE to hear otherwise
[1] http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos/topics/concept/subscriber-management-l2tp-overview.html
[2] http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-services/config-guide-services.pdf