[j-nsp] Qos on branch SRX

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:03:18 EDT 2012

1. Apply the QoS schedulers/queues to the at-1/0/0 interface that has the ppp session. (Since the 'ppp' interface isn't real).
Queues are generally only associated with the physical interface hardware. This is what we do for our managed xDSL connections:

class-of-service {
  interfaces {
    at-1/0/0 {
        scheduler-map QoS;
    }
  }
}

> show interfaces queue at-1/0/0
Physical interface: at-1/0/0, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Interface index: 146, SNMP ifIndex: 527
Forwarding classes: 8 supported, 4 in use
Egress queues: 8 supported, 4 in use

2. VLANs - Not quite sure what you're after here. a 'vlan.xxx' interface isn't physical either. (see #1 above)
It's only if the L2 VLAN associated with the L3 vlan.xxx interface egresses the box on a physical port would you place your queues.
i.e. fe-0/0/2, fe-0/0/3 etc..

class-of-service {
  interfaces {
    fe-* {