[j-nsp] vmember limits in EX series stack

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue May 1 09:35:08 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 08:15:59PM -0700, Naveen Nathan wrote:
> To manually specify the members for each downstream switch trunk port
> requires a significant amount of administrative overhead. I would prefer
> each trunk port just allow all the vlans.

Doesn't that mean you are effectively always sending all broadcast
traffic on all VLANs down every port?  That seems pretty pessimal.
Perhaps you could use GVRP or MVRP to automatically maintain VLAN
memberships.