[j-nsp] Update on 10.4R9 stability for MX?

Clarke Morledge chmorl at wm.edu
Wed May 9 15:13:26 EDT 2012

It has been a couple of months since the JTAC recommended Junos software
versions has been updated for the MX.   As of February, the recommendation
was to use 10.4R8.5 for the MX, except that there is an issue related to
BFD configurations on the DPC line cards.   Supposedly, the fix is in
10.4R9.

In looking at the release notes, there are some issues that have been
resolved in the 11.x series but nothing noted yet for any future 10.4.x
releases.   Perhaps there are future 10.4.x versions planned to carry
forward these fixes?

I am curious to know about anyone's experience with 10.4R9 over the past
few months.  I have DPC only currently; i.e. no MPC hardware -- and no
MultiServices.

Thanks.

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary