[j-nsp] Route redistribution

Cyn D. cynthia_dal at yahoo.ca
Tue May 22 15:24:33 EDT 2012

Network connections:

We have router A(M120, 10.4), B(MX240, 11.4) and C(M7i, 10.4) connected as a triangle. Router A and B are in OSPF area 0 and also run IBGP between them. Router C is connected to A and B via OSPF area 5.

Problem:

Router A has a lot of EBGP learned routes. These routes are redistributed to router B using IBGP and OSPF. My intension is to redistribute these routes to Router C with OSPF from BOTH A and B. Therefore if A-C link fail, Router C will learn all routes from B. The problem is now Router C only learned these routes from A but can not learn from router B.  Did I miss anything or is it Router B not working properly?

Thanks.

Cynthia