[j-nsp] Cisco IGP fast convergence

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed May 30 02:29:04 EDT 2012

On 30 May 2012 01:52, Colby Barth <cbarth at juniper.net> wrote:
> I don't agree that you want the SPF IW to = 0.  In the case of SRLG's in the network you may want to have a bit of delay in there to try and capture all the incoming LSPs before running an SPF.  This is a personal preference and network dependent but would be my recommendation.  Your also gonna want to change the IOS-XR lsp generation timers.

Absolutely personal preference and you can get lot of data from
gathering some historic spf logs to determine optimal config for given
network.
The n fast then slow approach is much cruder approach, almost like
JNPR approach is digital and either situation is optimal or completely
fscked up, and CSCO approach is analog, setting itself to needed
response for various scenarios.
And as this is purely software feature, I would certainly hope JNPR
would deploy it, here, as well as interface hold-time, and generally
when delays are configured, exponential back-off would be preferred
instead of static values.

--
  ++ytti