[j-nsp] SRX650 - Failover - reth TRUNK with: vlan L2 mode transparent, and vlan L3

roland DROUAL roland.droual at paris.iufm.fr
Wed May 30 11:27:39 EDT 2012

Hello the list,

I have 2 SRX650 in failover mode
There is reth0 in mode trunk, with vlan 954 and vlan 200     - (reth0 is
the interface outside)
There is reth1 in mode trunk, with vlan 100 and vlan 200     - (reth1 is
the interface inside)

I try to have a vlan 200 in layer 2 mode transparent accross the SRX in
failover mode.
Is it possible to have a redundant interface as trunk link, with  1 vlan
with an @IP, and 1 vlan in transparent mode.

I give you my config:
===============
reth0 {
     description "TRUNK vers RAP";
     vlan-tagging;
     redundant-ether-options {
         redundancy-group 1;
     }
     unit 200 {
         family bridge {
             interface-mode trunk;
             vlan-id-list 200;
         }
     }
     unit 954 {
         vlan-id 954;
         family inet {
             address 195.221.127.158/30;
         }
     }
}
reth1 {
     description "802.1Q vers INTER-CO_INSIDE";
     vlan-tagging;
     redundant-ether-options {
         redundancy-group 1;
     }
     unit 100 {
         vlan-id 100;
         family inet {
             address 10.1.4.2/29;
         }
     }
     unit 200 {
         description INTER-SITES;
         family bridge {
             interface-mode trunk;
             vlan-id-list 200;
         }
     }
}
========================
When I try to save :

xyz at AS-SRX650-01# commit
[edit interfaces reth0]
   'unit 954'
     Inet family cannot be configured in transparent mode or for an
interface with bridge family
error: configuration check-out failed

Can you help me to have a link trunk with vlan 200 and vlan 954?

Thanks for your help.

Roland DROUAL