[j-nsp] MX480 : slow pseudo-terminal

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Sun Nov 4 17:41:02 EST 2012

On 04/11/2012, at 3:12 AM, Mihai <mihaigabriel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have an MX480 running 11.4R2.14 with a weird behavior of the pseudo-terminal (always ttyp3) allocated to the first user that login through telnet.After I enter the password I have to press  ENTER twice to  access the cli, but the cli is useless due to a very slow response.
> The second user telneting the router always receives ttyp8 and has no problem. A restart of mgd and inetd  did’nt solve this issue.
> Any adice?

Check that you don't have "system accounting" configured but referencing a missing/down server.  If so, every command you enter (including login) will be passed back to RADIUS/TACACS, with obligatory timeout and retry intervals.

Though if your other terminal is working fine, then this sounds unlikely.

Ben