[j-nsp] MX80 no more hash-key option in 12.2?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Nov 6 03:49:22 EST 2012

On (2012-10-24 01:12 +0400), Tima Maryin wrote:

> Check KB24339 also
> (Hash key computation on MPC cards)

Is this accurate?

-----
Payload recognition uses the following criteria to estimate the nature of
the payload:

IPv4 assumes the first nibble, which follows the bottom label, is 0x4. If
this determination is made, then the fields in the IPv4 section are used to
load-balance the payload.
------

If this is true and you have RFC4448 pseudowire without control word, and
your DMAC starts with 4, you're going hash it as IPv4, which will lead to
reordering, which will cause TCP performance to sink.

[ytti at sci ~]% egrep "^4.-" oui.txt|wc -l
257

257 OUI starting with 4 assigned, including Juniper, Cisco, ALU, HP, Intel, Apple, Samsung,
Sony, RIM, Nokia, Nintendo, Motorola, Nortel, IBM, ZTE, Netgear. So there
is non-zero chance of having this situation.

I hope the BB is wrong or I'm misunderstanding it.
--
  ++ytti