[j-nsp] instance-specific filters for VPLS BUM/flood filtering

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Tue Nov 6 07:43:18 EST 2012

* Christopher E. Brown <chris.brown at acsalaska.net> [2012-11-06 10:41]:

> And I have tested and seen exactly the opposite with 10.4R10 in both
> MX80 and all trio MX960.
>

> Create a policer and a vpls filter that matches unknown ucast, bcast and
> mcast.
>
> Apply to VPLS forwarding table in 2 instances

> Two filter instances, but one shared policer.

Just to be sure, could you try to use the "interface-specific" keyword
for your filter?

I wonder if someone can clear this up. I think shared filters are more
intuitive and in line with how "normal" interface filters work. But
then I would need that "instance-specific" knob.

At the moment I only see the "solution" to have individual flood
filters for every VPLS instance which makes large-scale deployment
complicated (I wanted to apply a standard filter in an apply-group).

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant