[j-nsp] MX - DWDM no link

Andy Harding andy at inetc.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 03:08:28 EST 2012

Hi,

Firstly DO NOT LOOK INTO OPTICS!

SX optics use mostly harmless red led light which is why you can see the light.

Other optics operate in the invisible spectrum and use intense laser light which even though you can't see it can cause damage to the eye. You should go and get your eyes checked.

As far as I'm aware mx80 doesn't support tuneable optics you have to buy the right dwdm channel.

--
Regards

Andy Harding
Internet Connections Ltd