[j-nsp] ipv6 autoconfiguration and ::/0

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Thu Nov 8 11:59:35 EST 2012

If I follow, then no, a Juni router will not process and act upon the contents of a received RA. It will generate them for use by hosts in auto-conf. As I understand, Juniper sees auto-conf as a process used by dumb hosts and not one that is designed for what should be a "smart" router.

I suppose having routers in a loop of processing the contents of a RA, only to then modify the payload of their own RA before transmitting, only to trigger the same sort of changes at the other end is one issue that we hoped to avoid.

HTHs