[j-nsp] STP Between Cisco and Juniper

Graham Brown juniper-nsp at grahambrown.info
Sun Nov 11 05:38:10 EST 2012

Saba,

I have not tried this myself but after being bitten by Foundry vs Juniper
spanning tree issues; I would highly recommend testing this in a
lab environment before deploying it. I also agree with Jonathan that rstp
would be the logical approach if you do not have to deploy MST.

HTH,
Graham

On 10 November 2012 05:57, Saba Sumsam <saba+jnsp at eintellego.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a Layer 2 network consisting of a Cisco 2970G, SRX210 and SRX100.
> Following are the STP modes supported on each:
>
> Cisco 2970G: mst, pvst, rapid-pvst
> Juniper SRX100: STP, RSTP. MSTP
> Juniper SRX210: STP, RSTP
>
> My question is: Is Cisco mst interoperable with Juniper RSTP. What mode
> should I be using on each device in this case?
>
> Suggestions highly appreciated.
>
> Regards.

Graham Brown
Twitter - @mountainrescuer <https://twitter.com/#!/mountainrescuer>