[j-nsp] Weird SRX flow timeout issue

Julien Goodwin jgoodwin at studio442.com.au
Tue Nov 13 03:55:24 EST 2012

On 13/11/12 00:30, Pavel Lunin wrote:
> Julien, what you talk about is an entirely different story. IIRC, SRX
> handles TCP RST differently than ScreeOS when a server closes a session.
> I don't remember all the details, but something like not passing TCP RST
> back to the user, just closing a session or something.

This was not the case, no TCP RST was involved.

As I said, we did diagnose this to the point of identifying what was
happening at the packet level, however we never did file a case, just
instructed users to use application, not TCP, keepalives.

This was all at a former job and I no longer have detailed records of
the case.