[j-nsp] SRX110 and Cisco2970 MSTP issue

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Tue Nov 20 00:55:10 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Ali Sumsam
<ali+junipernsp at eintellego.net> wrote:
> If I try to set the priority on one of the SRX110 to become root bridge,
> MSTP seems to be converged but there are huge packet losses in the network.
> I removed the priority and one of the cisco2970 became root and then
> everything seems to be fine. No packet loss after that.

Just taking a wild guess here, but does the SRX110 have enough
forwarding performance, and enough port speed, to switch all of the
traffic between your 2970s?  Check the CPU usage and link headroom
when the SRX is root.  Unless you manipulate your port costs, the
configuration you suggested would have traffic going
2970#1---SRX110---2970#2.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts