[j-nsp] inline-jflow on MX MPC (Trio) - experiences?

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Tue Nov 20 10:54:23 EST 2012

Hello,

we're just setting up inline-jflow on MX Trio chipsets and I'm seeing
a few odd things:

1) Why is inline-jflow sending so many packets instead of putting more
   then one flow in one udp packet? Every ~5 seconds I get a LOT of UDP
   packets at the same time, many of them only containing 1 flow.

2) In Douglas Hanks Juniper MX Series book it is noted that the
   sampling rate for inline jflow must always be 1 (other rates are
   not valid). Still it seems to work with rate 1000 for example (and
   this is also used as example on the Juniper website).

3) The test collector is reporting missed flows. I'm not sure if that
   is a problem with the collector or if I'm really missing flows.
   Anyone else had this problem?

Any comments or experiences with inline jflow on MX Trio?

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant