[j-nsp] R: Re: R: Re: Same multicast group from the source

Stacy W. Smith stacy at acm.org
Thu Nov 22 22:13:27 EST 2012

Since it is IGMP v2, the receiver will send a (*,G) membership report. This will cause traffic for both S1
and S2 to be received and the receiver will have to ignore the unwanted channel.

My understanding of the OPs request was to be able to have the receiver receive S1, and not receive S2. That can be accomplished by using the ssm-map-policy to convert the (*,224.1.1.1) membership report to a (1.1.1.1,224.1.1.1) PIM join.

--Stacy