[j-nsp] Set weight (BGP attribute) in JunOS

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Nov 26 02:28:34 EST 2012

On (2012-11-26 10:29 +1100), Ali Sumsam wrote:

> Actually I am working on migration from Cisco to Juniper.
> On Cisco router weight attribute is used and have to set same preference
> same on Juniper.

No, weight does not do this. Weight is Cisco local-scope attribute as first
decision-maker for preference, think of it as non-transitive local-pref on
steroids.
There is no reason to muck with weight in Cisco when doing Cisco/Juniper
migration.

Only situation where I've had to adjust weight in IOS, is to set backup
route weight to 0, so that even backup PE will go to network and primary
PE, instead of going to customer directly at backup PE. This hack would not
need porting to Juniper. You could just skip it.

--
  ++ytti